Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A (Positive) Sign of the Times

I was watching Good Morning America this morning for a few minutes and I happened to hit the stock market report. Can I tell you how glad I am to hear that they are talking about it in a positive manner? It's no secret that the economy has been a stressful topic for many of us and I have to tell you - I loved hearing something good about it for a change.

They said that companies are reporting "higher than expected" earnings for the quarter, that new unemployment filings are down and that the market is up - not by leaps and bounds by every move in the positive direction is a good move, right? They started to talk about the foreclosure rate which I missed thanks to "MOM! Can you help me?" but I did hear that new house building permits are on the rise. Let's hope that we start reading good news on things like The Carolina Outer Banks foreclosures.

I'm ready for good news. I'm more than ready to not see a zillion For Sale and For Rent signs. I'm ready to go back into my bubble of thinking that all is well and that jobs are plentiful and lucrative. Bubbles are good places to be. :)

No comments: