Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Busy Morning

It's been a busy morning around here. First we took Kelton to the bus for his trip to day camp and then, after the bus left, Kaylen and I headed to a park in Everett that we have been to several times over the past few years; Forest Park. It isn't far from the Camp Fire office where the bus picks up Kelton so we were there at 8:05am.

The plan was to play in the park area, then hit the spray park and finish up our park trip by going to the petting farm. The only glitch in the plan was the time things opened. The water park and the petting farm didn't open until 10 which left us two hours (!) to play on the playground. That's a LOT of time. We were the only ones there for about 30 minutes and since the park was in the shade and a breeze was blowing it was great! Kaylen had free run of everything and had a fantastic time.

More people starting showing up and soon the park area was buzzing with day campers. By 9:30 the day camp kids had gone into their buildings to start their activities and the playground was much quieter. Swimsuit clad kids and weather weary parents continued to arrive and finally at 10 on the dot the spray park began spraying. The kids all ran like crazy and parents all gave a collective relieved sigh. :)

Most of the water features were working full blast but there was a sad little section by where I was sitting that was not. I'm pretty sure a few bathroom faucets running at full blast would have created more water spray then these three little nozzles. Even the toddlers weren't impressed with it and moved on to play with the big kids.

My big (little) kid was having a blast!! She played hard for about 25 minutes and was completely soaked and happy. We got her all dried off and dressed and we headed down to the petting farm. Since it was early most of the animals were opting for their food stalls instead of roaming around for the kids to pet. We were able to pet bunnies and goats though and Kaylen was happy with that.

Of all the days to forget my camera, today was not one of them....but forget it I did. *sigh*

After Kaylen tired of the farm area we headed back to the car and all the way home Kaylen said "Thank you for planning this fun day for me. I can't believe I had THREE special things! Kelton is going to be soooo jealous when I tell him."

We're taking a break right now and in a couple hours I will be off and running again. I'll pick up my dad and the three of us will head up to the camp to pick up Kelton and then drive to my brother's house for a pre-wedding open house event. I don't plan on staying too late because I need to get the kids home (before they fall asleep in the car), in the bath and then into bed at a decent time because tomorrow will be crazy busy yet again with the end of camp event at 3;30 and then needing to be at the wedding rehearsal right after. And YAY! Dakota arrives tomorrow. We can't wait!

1 comment:

WA Webbs said...

Sounds like a great day. I will have to take the kids up there.