Thursday, July 02, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Every year our local library holds free weekly activities for families and today marked the first event. It was a carnival to kick off the summer reading program so even though it was hot - and getting hotter by the minute (and there is no shade to speak of where our library holds these events) I sunscreened the three of us up and headed out. True to years past, there were a kajillion people there.

I was hot just waiting in line for the event to start and I was so wishing I had a cute, cool and comfy pair of Dansko sandals to wear instead of my hot clunky ones. Somehow I just feel so much hotter when my feet are hot. Ugh.

Finally the festvities began and the kids were off and running in two different directions. We ran into a friend of mine and her 4 year old daughter so Kaylen opted to hang out with them (we were all in a playgroup together a year ago) while Kelton choose to go his own way meeting up with several school friends and a couple people he met last summer at various events.

There was the quick sand walk (corn starch and water), ring toss the duckies, bowling, milk botle knock down, bean bag toss, face painting and I'm sure a couple more I missed. At the end of each game they were given a prize. The kids had a great time and were happy to walk out with their bag of goodies. I was just happy to get out of the sun! :)



I know what you're thinking. It's a pink and purple penguin, of course. How could you not see that? :) Hee hee.





No comments: