Friday, July 17, 2009

Hot Stuff!

It's 92 degrees outside right now. My cats just stood at the back door begging to go outside so I, being the nice person that I am, opened the door and let them go. (They are "inside" cats with "backyard privileges" which means they stay in the backyard. We're just lucky that way - they are content to just be in their yard for a little bit each day.) I see them now standing there wanting to come back in. "Why?" you ask?

It's HOT out there! It's one of those days that you don't so much need a weight loss supplement because as you stand in the heat you start to melt into a puddle. Hot hot hot!!

After vacation bible school ended today the kids and I came back and I fed them lunch. Then we were off to a nearby park for an afternoon of fun with staff from the parks and rec department. Let me say again: it's hot. Thankfully the park has a nice shady area with tables so the art projects were all housed there today. When we first arrived, we were the only family there so we started out with a game of Bingo. Kaylen won. Twice. Which really got under Kelton's skin. By her third win....well.....let's just say he was not a happy camper and given that he was tired from the a week long day camp and sweating in the heat he wasn't exactly Mr. Charming about not winning. *sigh*

Thankfully other families began to trickle in and we moved on to decorating sun hats. As in honest to goodness fabric hats. The kids were thrilled and had a good time painting and drawing on their hats. They are quite a sight. :)

We rolled out butcher paper on the walkway and we traced the outline of the kids for them to color, the kids played with balls and then everyone went on a "bug hunt" with magnifying glasses and bug jars.

The two hours flew by! And as much fun as we had at the park, I was very happy to unlock the door and walk into a comfortably cooled home. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

I really do feel bad for people without a/c (and remember well when we were among them) right now. The heat is relentless. We're supposed to hit a "cooling trend" starting tomorrow with mid-80's predicted. I'll take it. 90's are just too hot.

1 comment:

Stella said...

As a native southerner, where HEAT is a way of life from May until October, I still can't acclimate to it! So, I feel your pain.