Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Weekend, Part 1

Summer weekends aren't quite what the have been in the past - at least, not yet. Dakota is gone all day Saturday studying like a crazy girl but that is rapidly winding down as the bar is next week! Eeeek! Next week!

For me, that's a really good thing and I'm excitedly looking forward to having it behind us and spending more time together. For Dakota it is a TON of stress. And I will say, I am stressed out for her - this is huge! I'm sure right about now she wishes she was at at home enjoying a sunny, non-stress-filled day. Maybe she and Kelton would be hooking up all the Wii accessories and playing carnival games or Mario Cart but plugging away at Con Law and Contracts and whatever else she is working on today is what she is doing instead. And I am confident that all this hard work will pay off. (You're doing great, honey!!! I am very proud of you.)

But back to the weekend - Saturday, after the disastrous morning (keep reading if you missed that gem of a story) we had a fairly good afternoon. I set up the slip-n-slide for Kaylen (Kelton didn't want to play). She had a blast running and sliding and jumping and I had a good time watching her.




Dakota finally arrived home around 5pm. The kids decided to go play in the slip-n-slide again while Dakota relaxed for a bit (alcohol included and well - who can blame her?) and then made a yummy dinner. We all ate in the living room and watched Toy Story.

I have to say, for a day that started out well and them swiftly moved to downright awful, the afternoon and evening turned out to be pretty nice.

More to come.....

No comments: