Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Done!

My phone rang late this afternoon with the good news - Dakota is done with the bar!!! After two intense days, it's over. Last night when she called she was bouncy and energized sounding. Tonight? Not so much. Tonight hearing her voice just made me want to be home so I could open the door and give her a big hug. She sounded so tired. :(

Being gone so she could study and prepare was a good idea but being gone during the test wasn't. I missed being there when she got home and even though we talked a lot on the phone, it just wasn't even close to being good enough. *sigh* I can't wait to see her Friday and give her the hug I am wanting to give her right now.

I would have loved to have gotten her something special to mark the occasion - perhaps some diamond heart jewelry or, staying with the whole "bar" theme, a yummy tropical drink like a HUGE Blue Hawaiian.

The bar is over and now summer can officially begin at our house. We're all looking forward to camping in the yard (you know, once the temps drop back down to normal). making s'mores over a campfire and just hanging out together. I'm just so proud of Dakota - so, so proud. Congratulations, honey!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oh, Hurray!!!

Stella said...

If I were Dakota, I think I would have gone from one 'bar' to another 'bar', preferably one that serves exceptional Margaritas with salt on the rim (it's hot, you know, you need to replenish the sodium lost from worrying & sweating).
Seriously, I could not be prouder of Dakota...and all of the Duncan family. There was never any doubt in my mind that you were all in this together & all made sacrifices to get this far. Big kudos to ALL of you.

Stella said...

oh, and it looks like you can learn to dance online. Maybe by the weekend, you'll feel like doing exacty that. Dancing that is.