Saturday, February 28, 2009

Setting Up The Book Fair

I absolutely could not have done this without so much help. My friends Melanie and Jeri offered to jump in and help which is great considering they don't even have kids at our school (and even more great because Jeri is a book fair diva when it comes to setting up and running!). Mel spent pratically the entire 2 hours setting up and organizing the poster display (so many more posters than I ever considered there would be so this was no small task!) while Jeri and three others helped me set up the tables.

This was no small job and I am so thankful for the help.

Check it out:
We went from this:




To this:




In a mere two hours. :) Bring it on - we're ready!


We found a Clifford costume in one of the boxes so we convinced Ingrid, my co-chair, to put it on. Pretty funny! :)

So if anyone is looking for me next week - you'll know where to find me. :) Here's hoping for a wildly successful book fair!






9 comments:

A Jersey Girl said...

You Guys did a wonderful job! I hope the Book Fair is a HUGE success!

Emily

amy4 said...

I know it will go great! I am so impressed at how hard you've worked on the book fair. That was so nice of Jeri and Melanie to help you set up. It looks great! I've worked at the book fairs at Columbia Valley (Nate's school) and I have so much fun!

Jen said...

OOh, wow! Nice!

SJayneI said...

I cannot wait until Bella and Cylie are this age. This seems like so much fun!!

Catherine said...

Fantastic Job!

Tanya said...

I remember loving the book fair. I hope in the end it's as rewarding for you as it is fun for the kids.

Unknown said...

Nice job ladies! Looks like a place I would want to come shop. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Wishing you MUCH success! It looks GREAT!
I always loved loved loved book fairs when I was a kid!

Tracey said...

Wow, you did amazing work there! I hope the books sell like hotcakes.