Friday, February 13, 2009

Through the Years

This tradition got started without my even knowing. When Kelton was a year and a half he and I went in and had some photos taken. I loved the one of him on my back so it's the one we bought. The next year I was pregnant with Kaylen and I wanted a photo to mark Kelton and I together alone and we ended up with the same post because it was easy and looked good.

Then Kaylen was born and the day after her first "stop breathing" episode I had a primal need to document the three of us together. So - we went in and Kelton remembered hanging on my back and wanted to do that. It worked. And it has continued to work through the years.

We went in this morning for our annual photo and when I was putting it in the frame the stack of years gone by was waiting for me. I thought I would post and share them. I can't tell you how these photos fill my heart.

My babies and me.

Kelton (20 months)

Kelton (2.5years)


Kelton (3.5 years )
Kaylen (11 months)

Kelton (4.5 years)
Kaylen (2 years)

Kelton (5.5 years)
Kaylen (3 years)



And now...this years:

Kelton (6.5 years)
Kaylen (4 years)


This is a pose Kelton wanted. It didn't turn out half bad....of the kids. :)

14 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oh, no, Casey! That picture is good of all three of you!! Very cute pic!

WA Webbs said...

What great pictures. It is so cool to have them in the same pose.

Elizabeth said...

I think they are all great. I love when I go to put a new picture in a frame and I can go back through the other ones that are stored there. It's a great way to safely store pictures and over the years looking at them brings much happiness. I have frames that have my kids from infant through high school graduation. One of these days I'll get them all put in albums :-)
Elizabeth

Audra said...

those are SO cute!! And that last one is a keeper!!

Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

These are all so great. :)

peace...

Kristen said...

oh cute! I love time progression stuff like that. how fun

Froggymama said...

Love these. And the photos of Kaylen at her b-day dinner are priceless. What a little ham!

Anonymous said...

Gosh.. you all are adorable! Seriously adorable.

Heidi

Melanie said...

It's so beautiful to see the way they change into little people! Precious, precious pictures!!! :)

Rainbow Momma said...

So cute. And how neat to have the same poses. I love it.

Estelle said...

Wow, they're so big now! I can't believe Kaylen is four! They look great! Neat to have the same pose each year.

Monogram Queen said...

They are all GREAT pics!!!!!

Stacey said...

it's fun to see the changes in the kids. great pics!