Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kaylen's Birthday Dinner

Sorry to leave you all hanging there but I have been a bit scattered and short on time. Blogging was something I could postpone without anything falling apart so it took the hit for me. I'm sure you all know how that goes sometimes. Anyway - I'm going to do a little back track to catch you up.

Kaylen's real birthday was Tuesday and since it was a study night for Dakota (meaning no classes but instead she spends those hours that she would be in class studying) she had planned to come home so we could take the birthday girl out for dinner. The weather had other plans though - we woke to snow falling! As you probably remember, Dakota works on the top of a very big hill so she opted to work from home. I had a big Book Fair meeting that I had to get to so instead of Kaylen going to a friends house for the morning, she stayed home with Dakota. I went ahead with plans for Kelton to go to his morning day care situation (a dear friend has a day care nearby and she had offered to watch him and get him off to school on the bus that comes by her house) because he had really been looking forward to being "a day care kid" for a day and he was so sad at the thought of not being able to.

Fast forward to the end of the day and it was time to The Birthday Girl out to dinner. She chose Red Robin (no surprise there) so off we went! We had a good time and since pictures speak louder than words....here are a few shots of the evening.


The next set is just to show you how much fun it is trying to get a decent picture of Kaylen these days. OY! She is definitely well ensconced in the Land of Being Four. Give me patience!






Seriously. Need I say more?


This is when the Red Robin staff was singing to her. She wanted to like it but she really wasn't all that sure. Not that I blame her - it is weird for me as an adult, I can only imagine how it feels when you are a mere 4 years old.

But the singing was worth it! :)
She kept shoving spoonfuls at me and I have to say it was good! Anyone know where I can get some cheap diet pills ? :)

All in all - I think it's safe to say that she had a good day - and she definitely had a good dinner. :)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I recall seeing some very similar pictures of Kelton at that age...

Casey said...

LOL! And it hasn't stopped with Kelton. :)

Mimi said...

Looks like you guys had fun at red robin....I am not a fan of red robins....very costly......but my granddaughter LOVES it......so yes we go but hate the bill

Monogram Queen said...

Glad she had a good dinner. - i'm with her on the "weirded out by singing!"

Four is a challenge, oh it is a challenge! :)

One Boys Mom said...

Love all the pictures....I'm a fan of goofy kid photos :)

One Boys Mom said...

Love all the pictures....I'm a fan of goofy kid photos :)