Monday, February 09, 2009

Last of the Three's

Tonight, when I put Miss Kaylen to bed, I said "Guess what? You're going to bed as a three year old but guess what you're waking up as?" She screamed happily "A FOUR YEAR OLD!"

Yes it's true. Today was the last day I will ever have a child who is three years old. I survived, and loved, the three's twice...and I am here to tell the tale. :)

I still can't believe she is going to be four tomorrow. When the clock strikes 11:50AM my baby girl will have been on the earth for four whole years. I can tell you what happened that day from the moment I opened my eyes until the moment I closed them that night. When I woke I had a baby still safely inside me and when I closed my eyes at the end of the day, I had a baby in the NICU on oxygen, IV, heart monitors and antibiotics. How far we've come from that day that started out so happy moved through terrifying and then settled into scary.

My sweet baby girl,
Happy Birthday to you, Kaylen Lane - what an amazing little person you are. You have rocked my world since the day the stick turned pink. You are a much wanted dream come true and the world is lucky to have you and I am luckier still. You might have been resistant to being here in the first place but now that you are here you are making a place, and a name, for yourself. You are a beautiful little sole and I love you so very much.
Love,
Mommy

Your Birth Day

This is how I first saw you.


Day two

Finally holding you.

First Birthday




Second Birthday:



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

And oh my gosh - watch this. This was 5 days after she turned two and she is so freaking cute I could gobble her up !!!


Third Birthday



And Fourth Birthday


11 comments:

Froggymama said...

Happy Birthday Big Kid!!!

Those baby pics are incredible. The one of you kissing her...ahhh...so sweet.

A Jersey Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Kaylen!

Monogram Queen said...

She's one-of-a-kind for sure!

I am finding "four" to be quite a trial, much more so than two or three. Hoping five is calmer!

Happy Birthday Darling Girl!

Kristen said...

happy birthday little girl. I mean, big girl!

Rainbow Momma said...

Happy Birthday big girl!! Have a great day!

Lynilu said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Kaylen!!

Tanya said...

Very sweet. Happy Birthday Miss Kaylen.

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Kaylen! The video killed me. So cute.

Stacey said...

she's so adorable. i love seeing the changes through the years. happy birthday to your little girl.

SJayneI said...

Awe.......Happy Birthday Kaylen!!

Unknown said...

You do such a great job showcasing the year to year of their growth on their birthdays! Congrats on surviving the threes!