Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Aqua Doodle

Yesterday the donation center truck was by and among all the things they hauled away was the Aqua Doodle. Can I be honest here and tell you that a little piece of me died as the truck drove away?

Yes, I took the toy out of the house.
Yes, I put it out and marked it for pick up.
No, the kids don't know it's gone but then, they haven't really played with it in a long while now.
Yes, we needed the space for all the new games and toys they have recently been given.
Yes, I know it was time to let it go.

And yet......

Oh and yet.

I just want to cry every time I send away pieces of their baby and toddlerhood. We have had that Aqua Doodle since Kelton was about 18 months old. It's gone through two toddlers scribbling on it. It's been fun but lately it has only collected dust.

It was time.

And still....

4 comments:

Dakota said...

I saw it in the pile.
Sad.
Hard to let go of those things...

Anonymous said...

Think of the joy it will bring to some other, young, cute kid.

Kristen said...

Oh I HATE when I have to give that stuff away. But you know what, another kid will love it just as much as your kids did.
Course, lots of kids could enjoy all Audrey's stuff in the basement and attic, and you don't seem me getting rid of her stuff, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Monogram Queen said...

I'm about to do my FIRST clean out of her toys ever. I know I will get melancholy!