Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday: Overheard

The kids started a chore chart yesterday. It's a basic one just to get them in the groove (brush teeth, make bed, brush hair, read, etc). At the bottom of the page there is a place to write in either an allowance or a reward for the end of the week.

They hadn't decided which they wanted more - a reward like going someplace or money.

A few minutes ago, as Kelton was checking off this morning chores, he decided that for his reward he wanted to go to the mall. Then he went into the living room to ask Kaylen what she wanted to do. And then I heard my very intelligent child say the following:

"Hey Kaylen - I have an idea! If I pick going to the mall, she will have to take you too. So you pick money and we can share it. That way - we get both!"

I am in such big trouble. :)

Gotta run - the Book Fair awaits!

10 comments:

Lynilu said...

Yes, you are! I can't imagine the level of challenge in 2-3 years!!

Audra said...

You are in trouble! Those kids are SMART!!! LOL

Shannon said...

OMG, you are in trouble!

A Jersey Girl said...

That is priceless! You are in BIG TROUBLE:)

Emily

SJayneI said...

OMG! Adorable. You're in for it, huh?

Kristen said...

evil genius

Mimi said...

One smart kid!!!!!!

Melanie said...

Ha ha! Incredible. :) Brace yourself.

Tanya said...

Until she decides not to share once at the mall.

Monogram Queen said...

Bwaaa haaaa I am DYING over here! Oh I love love LOVE how that kid's mind works!!!!