Thursday, February 19, 2009

B-I-N-G-O


It's PTO Bingo Night at school. Weeks in the planning all come down to the next few hours. Will there be enough pizza? Will the popcorn machine actually make popcorn? Will the pizza arrive on time and still be hot when it's served? Will we sell enough food and bingo cards to at least break even? I think we are past hoping for a profit on this (fund raising? What's that? *sigh*) and focusing on just breaking even.

And the big question: Will there be a big turn out?

Dakota is coming home tonight to take the kids so I can help with all that needs to be done (while still spending time being with my family in the midst of all of it). Instead of have Friday Family Night she will use that as her study night. I know she is stressing over a huge paper that she needs to write but the kids really wanted her to come to Bingo Night so it was their idea to give up Family Movie Night in favor of having her at Bingo.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey! Great idea -- I hope you surprise yourself and do make some money. A's school had a dance after school one day -- the admission price was any sort of donation in a specific donation envelope (so they could go door to door if they wanted, but you could give just a dollar if you wanted). They had a raffle -- donations $10 and over got 5 free raffle tickets, and additional tickets were 25 cents each. The dance was just the music teacher as dj, playing music in the gym. I don't know how much money they made, but A had a BLAST. Anyway, just an idea. I can't wait to hear how Bingo turns out!

A Jersey Girl said...

I hope it goes well! And I am so happy for the kids that Dakota was able to go with you(and sorry for Dakota that tomorrow has to be study night:) But Fun-Family-Time is so worth it!

Have a Great Weekend!

Emily

Melanie said...

So, how did it go?? Pizza hot? Good turnout? Break even??