Monday, February 09, 2009

Overload, anyone?

I am feeling completely overloaded today and this was "supposed" to be a low stress day. Yeah - not so much the case.

The day started out so well in hand - Kelton's morning homework (reading and some writing) done in good time, kids dressed and fed and ready well before the usual deadline.

The house was cleaned, almost sparkling, because I had cleaned well for Kaylen's family party yesterday. Everything felt so peaceful.

And then. I opened my email to find book fair emails coming at me. I had blissfully put it from my mind this weekend and I dare say, while it simmered on the back burner, I felt free from it all. In an instant, it was back. I answered questions, wrote a few emails and then moved on to paying bills. Got that done and moved back to the land of book fair which apparently is an all consuming place because Kaylen's gymnastics lesson went completely out of my mind. To be fair, I didn't even have it on my radar yesterday because I almost made plans with some friends for a playdate this morning (but alas, one of the kids wasn't feeling well and it was postponed). What is wrong with me? She has have gymnastics on Monday morning for three and a half months.

My only excuse is the book fair is robbing me of my brain cells. Counting this week, we have three weeks until the book fair opens for business.....and a whole lot of pieces that have to come together before then.

This morning I wrote letters for kids to take home, edited and printed informational flyers to go home, updated the book fair website, went to the school and had one letter signed, picked up the big box of book fair flyers showing the books available (which will have the letters I created attached and returned to teachers to go home on Thursday) and then took off for the print shop to deliver items to be printed. I will pick those up tomorrow after my all morning book fair workshop (put on by Scholastic), drop promotional things off at the school and then go home to attach 1000 pieces of paper to 500 book flyers. Oh - and after going to the print shop I went to a local high school to register Kaylen for the 6 week preschool program that starts in April.

Tonight I need to organize my PTO binder because after last weeks meeting it looks like a filing cabinet threw up on it. Ugh.

Oh - and in there somewhere I need to work with my co-chair to figure out how we are going to pull off "Muffins with Grandparents/Loved One" which is a mid-week event for the book fair. I'm thinking Costco muffins and mini bottles of water. really the point is to get grandparents shopping at the book fair. :)

So. Much. To. Do.

And now I must remember to take Kaylen to a make-up gymnastics class Thursday morning. And then remember to go to her regular one next Monday.

I'm wishing I had time to just sit back and watch Oak trees grow but alas, I don't. Not this week anyway. And probably not for many weeks to come.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

but I thought you were a stay at home mom? I thought SAHMs just, you know, stayed at home. Seriously, I'm glad I have a full time out of the house gig when I hear you talking about your days. Makes my job look like a vacation!

Dakota said...

In response to Kristn's comment - Mine, too! Even when she's not organizing a book fair, my job and going to school is far easier than the SAHM gig!

Dakota said...

Oops - sorry for dropping the "e" out of Kristen!

A Jersey Girl said...

Oh Casey, is Dakota awesome or what:) It is so nice when you are appreciated!

Now, if she could pass some of that SAHM appreciation on to my husband, I'd appreciate HER some:)

Emily

Monogram Queen said...

Deep breaths.. deep breaths.. I could not be a SAHM. My hat is off to you chick!