Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family Portraits

This past Sunday we went to Flash Portraits and had family portraits taken. This one photo session has been a long time coming and way past due. We've been having annual family photos taken every year since Kelton was born and yet last year time got away from us and we never had them done.

As you will see - we had wanted to go for our usual, and classic, look of jeans and turtlenecks. I know it drives my sister crazy but we like the look - it's timeless and it's nice to look back and not be distracted by the clothes. It's our version of black and white, I guess. :) This year, however, you will notice that little Miss I Am Who I Am shook things up. She was going to wear a dress and that was that. I have to say, she does look adorable. :)

(note to my sister: I hope someday she doesn't look back and say "Geez Mom! What were you thinking when you had me wear THAT?" like I tend to do when I look back at some of the *ahem* "outfits" we wore in family pictures. But if she does - I'm sending her to you for an explanation. :) )

And now - for your viewing pleasure:





(click on the last two to get a closer look)

6 comments:

Lynilu said...

Those are great portraits! It's good to see Dakota's face in there, too. You all make such a great looking family!

Anonymous said...

I think her real question is going to be "How come I was wearing a summer dress and you guys were wearing your winter clothes?"

And I'm going to say "Oh, that's when you were living in Hawaii and the rest of the family was living in Alaska"

Unknown said...

The dress looks perfect in the pictures. It is not distracting at all, and it blends well. It is a very cute dress, I can see why she wanted to wear it. And I love that her doll had the same dress. Too cute! Great pics as usual! You are all so photogenic! Jeri

Elizabeth said...

Those are wonderful pictures. Such a nice looking family and so very happy.
Elizabeth

Mimi said...

I know what you mean.....we got our family portraits done in 1990 yes in 1990 and my daughter at the time was 11 she had a perm in her hair and we FOUGHT about her doing her hair well she won, she has the perm looking hair and to this day she STILL complains about that picture because you see it is STILL hanging in our living room for everyone to see......she is now 29 .... lol we didn't do the picture thing so much.....

SJayneI said...

I love the one with all 4 of you where the kids are looking at eachother and the two of you are looking at the camera. So sweet!