Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A New Coffee Pot!

I have a new coffee pot. Well - technically new. It's been sitting in a box in the garage for the past three years but this is the first time I've used it. I had a cute 10 cup Krups pot that I adored but lately it started leaking as it brewed. I put up with it for as long as I could but when it started leaking half the pot on the counter I knew it was time to bid it farewell and move on. I mean seriously. In my world it's a crime against nature to mess with my caffeine.

And so dump it I did.

I located the box with my "free when you purchase Gevalia coffee" coffee pot and unwrapped it. It is stainless steel and actually quite pretty. It has a clock, auto-brew and auto-shutoff but the most important feature it has? A bigger pot! Bigger by TWO CUPS! I'm in freakin' hog heaven!!

So this morning, when Dakota started the coffee to jump start her final, I didn't have to think unkind thoughts about her drinking up "all" the coffee - there was plenty to share. Twelve glorious cups of the magic stuff.

Makes me wonder why I never bothered to open the box before now. :)

Coffee anyone? I have enough to share now.

9 comments:

Audra said...

LOL I have a pretty nice gevalia maker too. It's been used all of twice, and only when my mom came to visit

Unknown said...

Whooohooooo! I am all about more coffee too! Thats the best gift ever! Hehe.

Ree said...

It is awesome to have a 12 cupper, but sadly in my house,-with 3 drinkers-it still doesn't last long. Always a race for that last cup!!
BTW, tried that Peppermint Mocha Creamer--YUMMO!!
But I do have to say, I like the Pumpkin as well--Sorry!!

Monogram Queen said...

Well I am very glad you have enough to share now LOL
You think unkind thoughts - can't imagine it!

momtothreeboys said...

Isn't coffee the best?!?!? Honestly, that's one of the very first things I think of when I wake up (other than "how can it be 7am already"?). And just so you know, we have not one but TWO coffee pots in our storage closet - you know for emergency use...

Stella said...

But even with a 12-cupper at my house, it becomes painfully apparent that a "cup" is some sort of downsized measurement propagated by Liliputian coffeemaker builders...and not by real coffeecrack addicts. Then again, my version of a 12-cup coffeemaker would be about the size of our washer.

Lynilu said...

Ha, ha! Isn't it funny how we resist change??

Tanya said...

LOL we only have a 4cup pot and I finally asked my mom for a 10 or 12cup for Christams, that has auto brew otherwise it's weekends only. No more making 2-3 pots right after another now.

Kristen said...

Merry early christmas to you :)