Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Conversation with My Son

"Mom? Will you type in the address to get me to that site where I could play that truck game?"

*Mom walks over to the computer and begins to type*

www.

"Did you know that you don't have to type in that part?"

"What part?" asks Mom.

"That 'www' part. You don't need it. You can just type in the address part like pbskids.org. You don't have to put the www part."

"Yeah - I knew that but it's habit. I just always do."

"My teacher says that's the old fashioned way."

*end scene*

Awesome. I'm "old fashioned". *sigh* Oh - and did you know that they teach 6 year olds how to Google things? I kid you not. My son is Googling. Not sure how I feel about that.

Man I'm old.

5 comments:

Audra said...

whoa. They're already learning to google?

Unknown said...

You know, old fashioned has such negative conotations. It shouldn't. Some things are wonderful because they're old fashioned! Keep typing your www's. :)

Monogram Queen said...

No you're not old ... technology is just TOO fast! LOL

Tanya said...

Wow, that could be scary. For Kinder was it full day for Kelton?

Kristen said...

better make sure your virus protection and parental blocks are up to date! yowsa!

And if ne knows all about how to type in addresses and google stuff, why didn't he do it himself? ;)