Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Facebook

It's true - I have a Facebook page and I'm doing my best to figure it all out though honestly, most of it is confusing to me. I don't get the Green Patch and fishy things. I accept things that are sent but I have no idea what they do or why I should (I love the buttons though as well as the Hug Me actions). I'm sure there is a good reason and I read the thing about saving the rain forest but other than that, I don't so muich get it.

I love the update section. It's like Twitter which I love(d) to do. I've gotten away from Twittering since I started using Facebook.

It's all so weird.

So if any of you are on Facebook, share the secrets of why it's so great, will you? Besides the whole just keeping up with friends (and I have to tell you - I have found, and been found by, so many people from years gone by. It's fantastic to catch up with them.).

If you are on FB, what is your favorite thing to do? The least favorite part?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't get it either. But I do like that I can keep in touch with so many long lost friends. My local friends and I use our inbox a lot for updates on playgroups and such. Not sure why that over e-mail but it works. I do like the updates. I like to read over my coffee in the morning. I feel like I know what my friends are up to that day. I really could take it or leave it!! It's fun seeing you on there.

Heidi

Perrin said...

I also do not fully understnad all the requests and such. I have many I haven't opened/dealt with. Facebook is fun but it feels like an enormous time suck.

Shannon said...

I hate the applications and the group invitations etc. The applications were fun for a while but then I was so over it. I use it mostly for keeping in touch with people and seeing what everyone is up to. My favourite part is the daily feed where I get to read everyone's status and see how their day has been.

Unknown said...

I am SOOO with you on the gifted requests and such. I typically click ignore instead of accept, mostly because I really don't get what I might get tied up in. And I'm with Perrin; I think if I *did* get as into FB as potentially possible, I'd have myself for it. I waste enough time as it is. :) Good Post.

Anonymous said...

wooo facebook! (lol thats all i've got for you after a way long day) but what i really wanted to say was I love the new header!

Anonymous said...

I agree with most here that facebook is great to catch up with friends near and far. I also like the updates and the newsfeed page. I do play games such as Scramble, Pathwords, and Wordpath with friends...it's fun to be able to challenge your friends to a game. I am involved with the little green patch and fish bowl thing...I click and click and help take care of others patches/fishbowls...but other than that I don't get it!!
I really got into pieces of flair at first..but now that FB has changed the set up of our pages...it's kind of an after thought now.
At times FB can be VERY time consuming, but lately I do have a lot of extra time on my hands so I'm ok with it.

Brenda

PT LawMom said...

It's really helpful when you're in law school. I just like being able to view people's pictures and catch up with people. Some will check there but not do e-mail or Twitter (which I *just* got on). As for the requests, I didn't understand them at first but now am having fun with flair. Plus you can now join blog rings, "fan" different groups, help out causes, etc. It's gotten more user-friendly. And, hell, I just like poking my cousin all the time. LOL. We have a long distance poke war.