Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Early Birthday To Me!

Yay! It's that time of year. It's almost my birthday and just look at what arrived in the mail for me! I cannot tell you how absolutely exciting it is for me to get a package in the mail - I swear I'm like a kid at Christmas when the UPS truck stops in front of the house.

And stop it did this week. Heidi, one of my long-time faithful reader and commenter touched me deeply with her thoughtfulness and kindness. I've never met Heidi in real life and except for a few emails exchanged over the past couple of years, the only contact we've had with each other is through the comment section here and yet - she sent me a birthday gift! And I have to say, she knows me well. :) We often joke that we share the same life (though she has 4 little ones and I have it easy with just two). She is the driving force behind my recent arrival on Facebook (she doesn't have a blog but she is on FB) and consequently, she is unknowingly responsible for helping me get back in touch with a few friends who found me on Facebook. So really, she has been very, very busy gifting me in many ways over the past couple weeks.

And this is just one more way. She sent a Starbucks custom made gift card and two Chicago series Starbucks mugs. So, so, so thoughtful.

Thank you Heidi! Really and truly - thank you!! I am deeply touched by your kindness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are very,very welcome!!! Sometimes you may not have ever talked with someone but you feel a sort of closeness! I have always loved reading about you and Dakota and the kids. We do have the same life!!! Every time I read what your up to I laugh cause I've been doing the same thing. And we both have a 1st grader and a 3.5 year old!! And no you do not have it easy, kids are kids no matter how many you have. Here's to many more years of (online) friendship! Who knows, we may meet up someday!

PS- thanks for the x-mas card. Adorable picture!

Heidi

Tina said...

I agree. I love reading your blogs. Never in a million years before getting pregnant with my son would I ever thought that being a stay at home Mom was something I wanted and now its my every dream. Its nice being there for you little ones and watching them grow. Blogs are like looking at a memory all over again and getting the same feelings you felt when it happened. Cheers to you!

Tina

PT LawMom said...

That is so cool! And happy almost-birthday. I agree, I love your blog. Don't comment as often as I should but I really enjoy reading both you and Dakota. :)

Audra said...

Looks perfect for you!

Unknown said...

Wow, how very nice of Heidi! Happy early birthday to you too! :) Jeri

Rainbow Momma said...

What a nice surprise. Happy Birthday!

Monogram Queen said...

Very sweet!!! Happy Early Birthday Dear Casey!

I was ecstatic to get the Christmas card and read the letter! Love it! Thank You!