Monday, August 09, 2010

What a Pain

It's been a long day. Not in the sense that the kids made it seem long but more in the sense that I haven't been feeling all that hot.

I woke, after 11.5 hours of desperately needed sleep, with a massive headache and weird visual disturbances which I attributed to an active weekend and the change in spinal pressure. My back and hips had been bothering me since midway on the hike Saturday so I figured I would have some backlash from the day of adventure. No biggie. Happens all the time. Once the visual stuff calmed down, I decided to take the kids to see Ramona and Beezus and I have to say, I really enjoyed the movie. Kelton gave it an 8.5 but Kaylen and I both gave it two thumbs up.

Midway through the movie I began to notice that my pain level was increasing. No biggie. I'd pop Motrin when I got home. By the time we got home though I really wasn't feeling great. I took care of applying for jobs, took care of the kids and dogs and then told the kids I was going to lay down for a bit to rest.

As plans often do when I need desperately to have some down time, the children decided to have a few meltdowns. I took care of those and then crawled under my covers and fell asleep.

Marlene stopped by after work, took one look at me, and decided to take the kids out for a bit so I could sleep. They returned 90 minutes later with Burgerville dinner for me, Burger King for Kelton and McDonalds for Kaylen (think we are spoiled much?) and a bunch of dollar store treasures.

I stayed in bed the rest of the evening and then got up to send Marlene home and to put the kids to bed. And now it's my turn. I'm waiting for the Motrin to dull the body aches and joint pain and then I am falling back to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

First off, you have an awesome gf! I'm jealous, I wish someone, anyone, would take my child when I'm not feeling well. (you deserve it though, it's finally your turn to be taken care of) Second, wow, I feel bad on the rare occasion when I let J get somewhere different then what we have chosen, lol. And finally can you get anything stronger then Motrin for the pain? Vic, Perc, etc. And take it from me, no matter how bad or chronic the pain gets never go on oxy(not that you would). Watching someone withdrawal from it was not pretty.