Monday, August 23, 2010

Garage Sale Time

Thursday and Friday were consumed with all things garage sale. My friend, Ingrid, lives in a great location for a garage sale and once a year she pulls all her friends together and holds a gigantic garage sale. Kaylen has been planning for the entire summer and every day she would gather up more of her toys and books and mark them with prices. The pile of boxes in the garage started to grow. We added outgrown toys from the yard, a little table and chair set, a little desk, a headboard and a toddler bed. All told, we made about $200 which meant Kaylen met her goal. What was her goal, you ask? With all her heart she wanted a pink DS.

After the sale ended on Friday, the three of us headed over to Game Stop and Kelton helped her pick out her DS and a game that they thought she would like. It was sweet to watch Kelton help her pick things out and explain it all to her.

I personally think she is a little young for a DS but it was her goal and she worked hard to reach it. She gave up many, many toys and kept her eye on the goal. I know she will figure it out soon enough but until then, she is very, very happy with herself.

And me? I'm very proud of her, too.

1 comment:

Lielanie said...

She will really love the DS, my girls each have one, although they play less than an hour a week. I think it has really helped their reasoning, as in "maybe I should look here for this or that, nope not there, maybe I should look over here.." And they love the mini games where they have to use a little strategy. Plus I think its good for hand eye coordination too. (oh and I love to play the games too!)