Thursday, August 26, 2010

Evening Activity

Want to know what I'm doing tonight? Nope...not watching TV and eating Bon Bons. Not going out to dinner (or eating dinner, for that matter). Not planning a vacation (because I sure the hell couldn't afford that). Not even burying my head under the covers and escaping into sleep (which, frankly, after being made to feel like crap today - something I absolutely don't need help with, thankyouverymuch I'm very good at making myself feel like crap and a world class loser), is exactly what I want to be doing.).

Nope...instead I am searching through every site I can think of to look for an administrative healthcare job. Working in health care is what I know. Not so much the nitty gritty of patient care but more the administrative side of things. A job where my skills would match the requirements and a job where I hope my resume just might make the top of the pile. I've worked in orthodontic offices, medical and chiropractic offices, Group Health Cooperative (on the admin side of things) so I am more than qualified. I would make a damn good employee.

Yeah - the top of the pile would be a good place to be.

3 comments:

Pam A. said...

Hey Casey,
Don't limit yourself to Healthcare. Your skills are varied and very transferrable to many if not all administrative areas. A lot of changes underway in Healthcare Reform implementation. Many employers are so unsure what revenue streams are going to look like - they are waiting to fill open and much needed positions.
P.S. Anger is a great motivation tool. Better than turning it in on yourself!

Casey said...

I'm not limiting myself...I apply for anything and everything that I seem the least bit qualified for. I'll send an FB message to explain.

Tanya said...

Good luck in the job search.

Quick thought, once the kids are in school could you ask around at the local Dr. office about doing an internship/volunteer thing. I'm thinking it would give you recent experience and maybe even a discount on services, like for an eye exam for you. :)