Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday



After talking with the kids today about what special thing we could do today that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg they decided they wanted to go swimming. I, however, did not. I am lacking the energy and focus to keep them safe in a public pool that is overflowing with children and adults. We came up with a Plan B: Chuck E Cheese. To be fair, swimming would have cost $14 and I could get them 100 tokens for $15 at the house of the mouse (or is he a rat?).

I don't buy food there. It's way to expensive for what it is so we eat before going and then again when we get back.

It's amazing how quickly children can move when they are motivated. They were dressed, beds made, teeth brushed and the house straightened up in record time.

They had a great time working together to earn as many tickets as possible. They were happy, laughing and glowing with all the magic and fun of childhood. Those are the moments that make it all worth it.

I love these kids more than anything in this world....or the universe....or whatever is beyond. They are the light of my life and the reason my heart beats.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Glad you had a great time. We just got coupons for there. And I'd say mouse, but the house of the mouse might be Disney ;)