Monday, August 23, 2010

Beach Time

Saturday morning Marlene, the kids and I headed off to the beach for the day. We arrived in Seaside in time for an early lunch and then while Marlene took the kids to the arcade for a bit, she sent me off for some alone shopping (well- browsing) time. I wandered in and out of shops and ended up buying a mug and two beach shovels (Kaylen's broke last time and I figured Andrew would like to have one of his own).

I wasn't feeling all that great Saturday. My pain level was high and my hands lacked the ability to grasp very well so all in all I was frustrated with myself and exhausted from the two days of garage sale. After I wandered around for a bit, I went over to the arcade and met up with everyone. The kids had done very well and were happily collecting their prizes.

From there we headed over for a ride on the merry-go-round. Kaylen had a HUGE meltdown when the seahorse was already taken so she opted to skip the ride so she and I had some cuddle time and then looked around a shop in the mall while we waited for the boys.

From there we went back to the car and drive down the road a bit and went to Sunset Beach - which was AMAZING! We drive out onto the sand and there were hardly any people there at all. The kids couldn't wait! I will tell you again that I was completely exhausted and in a good deal of pain, so while Marlene took them out to play, I quickly fell asleep in the car.

They let me snooze for a good 90 minutes before waking me up to experience the fun the kids were having. Thankfully, I was feeling a bit better so I grabbed my camera and off I went to capture photos.





















At the end of the day, we packed up and headed out with plans to stop at Camp 18 for dinner. The kids had so much fun exploring things and them finally we went inside and had dinner before driving the rest of the way home.







My kids fell asleep on the drive home. Kelton woke up when we pulled into the driveway (it was 9pm) but I carried a sleeping Kaylen in and put her to bed.

It was a fun day and the kids had a great time!

No comments: