Friday, July 16, 2010

WAHOO!!!

I ran a load of wash this morning. As I headed towards the laundry room I could feel the slow rise of anxiety. Would the washer leak? Would it not? Was the string of the apron I washed caught in the door gasket the other day when there was water on the floor (Thanks, Stacey!)? I swear to you I think I have dark circles under my eyes from worry about that silly washer the 36 hours.

I carefully loaded the clothes in and added the detergent and then I very carefully (and respectfully) flipped the control to start the water flowing. I held my breath. Nothing horrible appeared to be happening.

I snuck out of the laundry room like a mother who finally got her baby to sleep and was afraid of waking them.

Five minutes went by. Still dry.

Ten minutes. Still dry.

My breathing became easier.

The cycle finally ran its course and I went back in, holding my breath the entire time. The floor was DRY!

I promise you - it's the simple things in life that bring the most happiness. Now I can scratch that worry off my ever growing list of things to worry about.

At least for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey:

Keep an eye on your water heater (if it's nearby). Mine let go two weeks ago and destroyed the basement. $11,000.00 in damage...luckily insurance is paying for it--but what a mess and everything was destroyed. Just a tip...

Susan