Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not So Silent Night

My night wasn't nearly as peaceful as my evening. I have no idea how many (few?) hours of sleep I logged. Sometime after I had fallen asleep Kaylen wandered in to sleep with me. I settled her in and we fell back to sleep. A while later a small voice woke me by saying "I am so, so, so sorry. I peed a little in the bed."

Nothing makes me jump up faster than bodily fluid in the bed.

A little? Ummmmm...not quite so accurate. My pj bottoms were wet and there was a good sized wet spot on the bed. *sigh* I sent Kaylen off to the bathroom and I grabbed the water proof pads I always have on hand in the linen closet and fixed the bed enough that we could sleep it in again. I changed my pj's and we both settled back in. She fell to sleep quickly. Me? Not so much.

I finally was asleep only to be woken yet again. This time by a little boy who wanted me to help him go back to sleep. I settled him in and off to sleep we all went.

The only good part of the night was when morning came. I had a child on either side of me. One playing his DS and the other playing a princess memory game in my phone. I LOVE cuddling with them in the morning. It's a great way to start my day...even when it comes after way too little sleep and way too early. :)

1 comment:

One Boys Mom said...

Snuggle time is the best and we don't have many years left from our baby boys :)