Wednesday, July 28, 2010

School Supplies

The kids and I went grocery shopping today and I noticed that the school supply list for the school was out so I figured I should just get the stuff and call it good. Umm...the third grade supply list? HUGE. Wow. Ka-ching!

Kelton was in 7th Heaven picking out all his supplies. Poor Kaylen - she didn't get to pick any out. The kindergarten teachers are collecting $25 from each student and they are purchasing the supplies in bulk so the money goes further. It's a great plan and Kaylen doesn't seem to mind as long as she has her backpack.

The school supplies sent my grocery budget over the line I had set but he needs his supplies and either now or in a couple weeks it was still going to be a hit to my budget. That's life. I still need to get the kids shoes but other than that, I think we are almost ready for back to school.

No comments: