Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Friday!

The kids are off for a few hours of summer fun with Dakota and I managed to find 8 positions to apply for this morning and the sun is shining and birds are singing so...all in all....it's been a great start to the weekend!

The kids were so darn excited to be getting "bonus" time with Dakota that I had no problem getting them to do what they needed to do this morning to get ready. They didn't even fight with each other once. WOW! I am so happy for them that they are getting to spend time with Dakota. They both really need it.

As for me, I'm just hanging out at the house. The laundry is going and the dogs are barking. A usual day around here. I do need to drain their pool and get new water in it but that seems like such a daunting chore to do alone. I think I need another adult to help me with the rinsing and cleaning.

Tomorrow Kelton has a 4 hour birthday party to attend so Kaylen and I will find something fun to do while he is there (though to be honest, I do have a bit of anxiety about leaving him for the swimming part. I get weird with the kids around water...I keep telling myself that there are trained lifeguards at the pool and he will be ok but....well....he IS my baby.

Saturday evening I am planning to build a camp fire and have a s'more making event. I know the kids will love it.

Sunday Marlene, the 3 kids and I are planning to drive up to Mount St. Helens. I've never been there before and I have always wanted to go see it.

Oh - and tonight Cande is coming over for a while. Girls Night In! :) YAY! Sounds like a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend went well. Mt Saint Helens sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear about it!

xo!