Friday, March 26, 2010

Bring On the Weekend!

It's 5:50AM and I've been up for an hour already. The house is still quiet except for the occasional meow from a cat who is pissed that it is raining because she really wants to go outside for a few minutes. (Yes, they are indoor cats but they have backyard privileges. They never leave the yard.) Even the dogs ate their breakfast and then went back to bed.

It's going to be a wild weekend - I really should have gotten more sleep but alas, sleep is elusive for me most days.

Today I pack stuff for the kids and me because we are going to Seattle tomorrow morning. It's the cousin birthday party weekend (three of the four have birthdays in February, March and April so we get together in March and celebrate all three. The fourth has a summer birthday so we celebrate his then.). This time around, the three of us are going to stay at my sister's house (usually we stay at my brother's house 40 minutes north of my sisters) and the cousins will have a big sleep over party (Good luck with that, Lannon!) and while they are having their fun I will drive back to Tacoma and meet Catrina at the Tacoma Dome for the Reba McEntire/ George Strait concert. I am sooooooo excited about it!! It's been years and years and years since I've been to a concert and to be able to share the experience with Catrina? Well now....you know I'm in heaven!! :)

Sunday is the kids party and family time (and I am really looking forward to that, too. I haven't seen my brother and sister since December) and then the kids and I head home Monday morning.

I told you it was going to be wild.......so much fun and travel packed into 72 hours. The kids are beside themselves as they anticipate their sleepover with their cousins. Kaylen is a little nervous but even she is looking forward to it. It should be a really great weekend. :)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

have fun and becareful.......

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! btw...catrina is real pretty : )