Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Weekend Report

Yep. I'm still here. Sorry for the lag time between postings but you know....I have a life and all. :) And speaking of having a life, my weekend was great! I love my kids but I sure love my kid-free time, too. On Friday, Catrina and I went to the local theater and caught a showing of "The Blind Side" which was really, really good. If you haven't yet seen it, do. It's that good.

Saturday we ran all over running errands; she had birthday shopping to do for Caitlyn and I had Easter basket shopping to do for Kelton and Kaylen. Then we played cards with friends and after that was done, we headed back to do some projects at Catrina's house. One was installing a shower caddy thing and in all my genius thinking, I suggested the floor to ceiling pole kind which went fine and dandy......until we tried to install it. Ooooops! Add spackle to the shopping list, please. I'm sure that hole in the ceiling will be easy to fix. :)

So....back to the store the shower pole thing went and we picked out a different shower caddy. Of course that one doesn't exactly work either but it should after we went back to the store (again!) to get a hook-y thing to hang it on. *sigh* Have you ever noticed that an easy sounding project is anything but sometimes? :)

Though by needing to return things we did encounter a few *very* funny things that are still keeping the laughter flowing. One was a guy wearing a shirt that said "Because Jail Sucks" and then the name and number of a bail bondsman. SERIOUSLY? How does one get a shirt like that? "Hey dude - thanks for not jumping bail. Here's a free shirt!" Hahahahahahaha!

Another thing was when I went to the bathroom (TMI...sorry) I saw a pregnancy test box on the floor and I couldn't help but think "Wow. What a great place to find out if you are pregnant. I can just see *that* in the baby book. "I found out I was pregnant with you in the Wal-Mart bathroom!" Really, people? You couldn't have waiting until you were at home? :)

And finally was a Home Depot radio add that seriously had us laughing so hard our sides hurt and tears were rolling down my face. I'm telling you - sometimes the Universe just wants you to laugh! :)

We went out later that night and met some of Catrina's friends at a nearby bar. The bar? Well........it was interesting but it was a fun night anyway. I got to play darts which I haven't done in more than 15 years and I'm just going to say....I WON! :) It was a good time, that's for sure.

Sunday we didn't get out and about until almost noon so we rushed around a bit getting a couple errands run and wrapping presents for Caitlyn's 6th birthday party. Then we drove in a huge downpour to get Caitlyn and Colton from their dad's house and back home to get ready for the birthday party. Then it was off to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate. Being there brought rushes of missing my two munchkins but I knew they were having a really good weekend with Dakota. (I'm sure she will post all about their OMSI day and the rest of their weekend.)

After the party we went back to the house and the kids and I played with the new birthday gifts while Catrina put the new bike together. After that, we all went for a bike ride/walk to try out the new bike. It was a hit! :)

Before we knew it, the day was over and so was the weekend. I could not believe how fast it flew. When I arrived home early, early, early Monday morning the house was still quiet so I made coffee and took care of the dogs. Before long Kelton was up and we spent about an hour catching up on all the fun they had had while I was away.

It sounds like we all had a really great weekend!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Glad your life is coming around to the good side.....I am soooo happy for you.....

Tanya said...

Ohhh Mommy's having sleep overs, lol. It sounds like you had a fun weekend. And lets see, I can stick up for the bail shirt, maybe he worked there and was advertising :) as for the pg test, it's easier to not pay for it if you don't leave with it :) And get a caddy that hangs over the shower head, much safer.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And yes, laughter is good and we need to do it more often ;o)

Heidi

Lynilu said...

I remember how tough were the first few weekends without my kids after the divorce; and I remember how quickly I found out the fun and freedom I had when they were with their dad. I'm glad you have, too. They are always in our hearts, anyway!