Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prayers for Addie

For those of you who have read my blog for a while, you know I have a blogging buddy, Elise, who has a 4 year old daughter with cystic fibrosis. I hate that the term "four year old daughter" and "cystic fibrosis" are in the same sentence It's not right. Beautiful Addie has gone through so much in her short 4 years and Thursday she will face yet another hurdle; she is having a G-tube placed for supplemental feedings because her little tiny body cannot seem to gain weight.

You can read all about Addie, also known as Froggy, through Elise's blog.

Elise holds a special place in my heart. Over the years I have known her I have watched her ups and downs. I've cried at some of her postings and rejoiced at others. We have emailed back and forth. And even with all she goes through each and every day she has still found the time and energy to picked me up on the floor more than once and encouraged me to keep going when I didn't think I could take a single step more. It's strange, this blogging world. It brings people together in many different and amazing ways.

Thursday is a big, big day for Elise and Addie. It's a day I know Elise is not looking forward to but has come to terms with knowing it is a necessary step to help Addie stay strong and fight the good fight because we all want what is best for little Addie. We all want her to live a long and healthy life.

So please, as you go about your life tomorrow, and for the next few days, please send good thoughts, positive energy and all the prayers you can to Addie and Elise. The first few days are supposed to be fairly rough and they could use all the positive energy we can send.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Froggymama said...

Big tears. I just love you! Thank you so much. As I pack our bag for the hospital, you have no idea how much I needed this boost of encouragement and friendship. Thank you! xoxo