Monday, October 17, 2005

Missed phone calls - but a good day

I missed a call earlier...I had wanted to get to my phone in time but a little someone softly said "Mama, let that machine take it. I still want to play with you." Could I argue with that? I don't think so. So...I stayed where I was and didn't check to see who had called until later.

Seems like I rarely answer my cell phone anymore (it's the phone my long-distance friends use).

I'm trying to spend more time just "being" with my kids - being present and enjoying them. My goal is to settle the prince down as I know he acts up to get attention that he isn't getting when I'm on the computer or phone.

He needs it - I need - the princess needs it. We all need it. And today, for the first day in weeks and weeks and weeks I didn't raise my voice at the prince. I didn't get angry. We had a really, really, really good day.

Finally.

It's been a loooooong seven weeks since D started classes. It feels like a lifetime but maybe, just maybe, we're figuring it all out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me smile. :o)

You are a great mom. The prince and princess are lucky to have you.

Estelle said...

So glad that things are settling down and you and the kids are getting to spend more quality time together. Didn't have to yell once all day! Wow! What a great feeling that must be at the end of the day.
You are really changing... you can tell. You seem so much more confident and in control of everything now... like you've been through the fire covered in lard and you are now a well seasoned cast iron skillet (how's THAT for a description, eh?)
I am happy that life seems to be lining up for you now.

Shawna said...

what a great post, and an important thing to be conscious of! You are so great Casey!

Sonya said...

This is awesome! The Prince & Princess are getting what they want and in turn you are getting what you want... everyone is happy. YEAH!

em1__mak2 said...

What a great day. I envy you. I offered my child to Tracey today. Perhaps you'd like to borrow him, too.

Laura said...

What a wonderful day. Sometimes it's so hard to be in the moment like that, good for you for being there and being a great mom.