Thursday, October 20, 2005

Friday is family night!

As a surprise for the three of us who are weary of the fact that D is never home anymore, she is skipping class tomorrow night to have a bonus family night with us! (For those worried about her acedemic career: her first class is cancelled and she is having two people take notes for her in the second class.)

The prince and I are beyond excited and have been talking about it all day:

Mom? When will Mama be home?
In about 5 hours.
Is that a long time?
Yes, honey. It is.
I miss her.
I know you do. I miss her, too.
*heavy sigh*
*silence*

She come home for dinner tomorrow night, right?
Yep. She'll be here for dinner and she'll stay with us all evening.
Her no go to school?
Nope. She's going to spend special time with us.
Like a bonus?
Exactly like a bonus.
Mama?
Yes, honey?
I want her to stay always.
I know honey. Me, too.

I love this kid. I'm not sure how it can make my heart so happy and yet break it into a million pieces all at the same time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet and adorable Prince…

…I hope you all enjoy your “bonus” night together.

Estelle said...

Yay!! How wonderful! I hope you guys have a blast and the little guy enjoys his extra time with mom.

Shawna said...

Awwww! that is too cute.

Enjoy you special time together!

Laura said...

Oh bless his little heart. I hope you all enjoy your time with D.