Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Cost of Pictures

Oy! I about had a heart attack this morning. I took the princess in for her 8 month photos and the prince decided that he would be in one with her (which is good because Grandma has been asking for an updated photo of the two of them as hers is from when the princess was 5 weeks old). The Christmas backdrop was already up from the people before us and since the prince climbed up on the table, I decided to just go with the Christmas background. What the heck.

He was reasonably good for the photos (and by reasonably good you who already have gone through the 2-3 year old stage know what I'm talking about) and she managed to get a couple of decent shots. Then it was on to the princess alone. She did pretty well considering it was part her morning nap time and we managed to get a few good ones of her. One even shows her two bottom teeth (how could I *not* get that one even if it wasn't the best one of her??).

The staff helping me choose the photos kept saying "How could you not get this pose? Just look at those cheeks! Adorable!" which didn't help me stick to my budget for pictures. With the prince I was so good and only bought the package and never, ever spent more than $12. But now, with the two kids, I find I am sneaking in two sittings (and sometimes three) so I can no longer go with just the package - I am buying it by the sheet. Still with a coupon so it's $4.99 a sheet instead of $12.99 and yet........

$75.00 later - we left Penneys. YIKES YIKES YIKES!!!

I about had a freaking heart attack thinking of what D is going to say (if you're reading this; don't boil over yet.....keep going).

Thank goodness I was selling my maternity clothes of eBay this week. I transferred the money from my PayPal account into our checking account to cover the cost of the photos. PHEW!

From now on I am going to make separate appointments; one for the princess, one for the prince and one for photos together and stick to the game plan of buying the package deal. This was an expensive lesson to learn and frankly, it's the most money I have ever spent at Penney's photo studio.

But I bet the photos will be really great when I pick them up on the 20th! :)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I hear you! This is us from the get go... pics of the girls' together, pics of them seperate. Now we add in the boy. It is crazy!