Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's All Shawna's Fault

It's all Shawna's fault.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Shawna and her three little ones were scheduled to come for a playdate/coffee date this morning and I was really looking forward to it. Yesterday I went to Safeway and bought special coffee creamer, rasberry flavored coffee and Halloween cupcakes. (I even cleaned the house mid-week and had D clean the carpets (which they desperately needed anyway....))

But then, the phone rang this morning. Shawna caught baby Reece's cold and is pretty sick. She couldn't come over to play. BUMMER!!!!! :(
I understand completely - I'm just bummed I didn't get a mommy playdate this week with my new friend.

Remember that shopping trip I took yesterday? The creamer and coffee are safely tucked away for next week when we try to get together again but the cupcakes........?

Yeah right!

I've eaten half the dozen today. I needed to inhale six cupcakes like I need a pierced tongue but what's a girl to do? They are so freakin' yummy that I just HAD to. :)

So Shawna - this is all your fault! :) :)


Feel better soon so we can reschedule, ok?

1 comment:

Shawna said...

ohhhh I can't believe I missed CUPCAKES!!!

I HATE getting sick :( I'm so sorry we couldn't have our mommy date!!!

Next week!!!

(oh and ENJOY the other half of the cup cakes tommorrow ;))