Saturday, October 15, 2005

Autumn

I love this time of year. Without a doubt, this is my very favorite season. The heat of summer is finally behind us. I love the cold, rain and wind....the leaves fluttering to the ground by the handfuls. It's this time of year that makes me wish I had a huge porch with a swing so I could bundle up in a sweater, pour a huge cup of coffee and sit out on the swing watching the world.

I've been waiting for a day like today all week - even though the ground was wet I was eager to get the kids out in the leaves to play. So, this morning we bundled up and out we went.

The prince had a great time running, kicking the leaves and throwing them every which way. The princess was enjoying crawling around and eating the leaves.

Here's some photos of the fun:






3 comments:

Shawna said...

These pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Estelle said...

What's wrong with your leaves? They're all... yellow! And orange! And red! And they're on the GROUND!
Hmmm. That doesn't happen here. They go from green to dead. And they don't fall, they crumble.