Friday, January 07, 2011

The Update

Well crud. I just got an email from Kaylen's teacher. Things didn't go as well as I had hoped. She settled Kaylen down and she thinks she is ok now but I know I'm going to have one unhappy child on my hands at recess.

Just sign me up for inpatient rehab centers please because I swear this is going to do me in. I feel like I let her down and that I'm a terrible mother.

I'm trying, people. I'm trying so hard.

I instructed Kelton to take Kaylen through the office to her room because she was adamant that she didn't want to wait outside in the cold alone. Going to her room from inside the school is something she and I do regularly. I honestly didn't think it would be a big deal considering everyone at the school knows her issues and how hard I am working with her. But..........when the kids entered the building they were told to go back outside and wait by the classroom door. Kelton explained what he had been told to do but whoever was talking with them insisted. Kaylen lost it. Just then, Kaylen's teacher walked by (Thank goodness!) and she took over. Needless to say, Kaylen was a wreck.

Two steps forward, fifteen steps back.

I feel like I'm been sucker punched. All my work to get her there alone was in vain because if you think she will do this again without me, you are wrong.

Crap.

And her teacher let me know there will be a sub on Tuesday. Oh joy. That will go over like a brick....especially after today.

*sigh*

No comments: