Saturday, January 08, 2011

Last Night

Last night my friend, Cande, and I hung out. We went and grabbed dinner and then came back, changed into jammies (yes - even Cande), poured a couple drinks and talked for a bit. Our lives are complicated and it's nice to have a comrade who "gets it" because their lives are in chaos as well. Our problems are similar and yet not so we can both empathize and get a new view on things. It's good for both of us.

We talked about *everything*....well, maybe not everything. I don't think paternity testing came up. :)

After we were caught up and talked out, I popped in the movie Charlie St. Cloud. Have you seen it? During the movie I kept thinking "This is sooooo not as good as I wanted it to be." and when it was over we both looked at each other and said "Wow. That was depressing."

The hour was late so Cande headed home and I headed to bed. I didn't sleep very well - awake a lot - but it did give me time for thinking and I have to say, the movie really had some inconsistencies. Like why couldn't Charlie touch Sam but he could touch Tess? Is there really an "in-between" state? Where was Sam during all the hours of the day and night he wasn't with Charlie?

Overall, it wasn't a great movie but it did give me some things to think about in a weird, twisty way. Not even close to as mind-bending as The Lake House though so don't get your hopes up. I wanted it to be really awesome but, as I have discovered, I really need to lower my expectations.

At least the company was awesome. :)

No comments: