Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Change in the Day's Plans

I have both kids home today which was so not in my plan. Today was supposed to be my eye appointment and I am desperate for new glasses. Mine aren't even close to the right prescription anymore and it's starting to affect my day to day life. Today's appointment was already rescheduled once. But I didn't really have a choice. Kaylen's eyes weren't even open yet when she started complaining about her throat and how sore it was. She came into my bed early last night and was restless all night. I grabbed the flashlight. Yep - bright red. Dang.

I noticed Kelton wasn't yet awake. Not his usual M.O. Hmmmmm. When he finally did wake up, he crawled into my bed and he too started saying his throat hurt. I looked and yet - red. Not as bad as Kaylen's but his tonsils are inflamed.

Double dang.

I called the school attendance line and then left a message at the eye doctor. All at 6:45am.

Now we are all sitting in the living room. I have a fire going in the fireplace, Kelton is playing Kirby Epic Yard on the Wii, Kaylen is playing dolls and I am...well....I guess you can figure out what I'm doing. :)

We are supposed to get snow later which we are all hoping against hope for. It won't last long so you can be sure that, sick or not, we are all going out to play in it when/if it finally arrives.

Until then, it's a low key day around here. I'll do this and that and maybe look into a web site called appetitesuppressantsoverthecounter.com. It's always worth a look-see to find out what is out there. Oh - and of course I will hit the regular job sites though I doubt there will be much new up since I was cruising through them until about 9:30 last night.

And who knows, maybe I'll take the time to upload photos from my phone and share them. There are some cute ones from Christmas.

No comments: