Friday, March 20, 2009

Eeeeeeew!!

This week the carpets got the better of me. This week a coupon book arrived in my mailbox with a great coupon for a carpet cleaning company in the area. This week I picked up the phone and made an appointment.

No, it's not like we had the extra funds to shell out but this is a better time than most what with it being tax season (or as I like to call it "Give us back our money" season) and all. And let me say again - it was a great deal. Such a great deal that I had my doubts on the quality but figured at this point we had very little to lose. Even a little cleaner was cleaner than it was.

The appointment was set for today between 12-2. I arrived home from my playgroup at 11:45 and the truck was sitting in my driveway. Prompt. Always good.

And it was a good thing I got the house ready *before* I left.

They got to work quickly and pre-treated for free because well.....it was clear the living room needed it. Yes, my friends, it's been more than 4 years since our carpets have been professionally cleaned. Prior to baby #2 arriving and the start of law school we had them cleaned annually and then we cleaned in between. We've been using our Bissell but well.......yeah. It doesn't hold a candle to the truck mounted steam cleaning.

Allow me to show you what it looked like prior to cleaning and after cleaning.


And believe me when I say this photo doesn't do the clean side justice. I had *almost* made myself believe the carpet was supposed to be a beige color instead of off-white though I knew in my heart of hearts that was not the case. But now? Oh but now!

Sweet clean carpets. This girl is one happy camper. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me realize that my beige carpet is also supposed to be off-white...
Thanks for the heads up. :)

Lynilu said...

I was going to do mine today,l but just ran out of time. Next week. It won't be that much more beige!!

Mimi said...

I don't doing my carpets this time of year because well all of the mudd out side......I'm with you I LOVE to get my carpets clean they just look so much better then when I do them.....I know they're clean because I see the water.....lol

Unknown said...

They look awesome. And it must be so nice to get to the end result without investing the labor. You'll have to tell me who was offering the screamin' good deal.

Audra said...

Lol you'll die when I tell you this then!

After we left your house, Dylan kept going on and on and on about how much she LOVED your carpets. Direct words "When we get a house, I want carpets just like theirs" Lol, she kept saying it that night! I told her I couldn't even remember what color it was!

SJayneI said...

OH, I soooo hear you on this one. I'm ready to have mine cleaned again, but what is your 'give me back my money time' is for us 'give us even more money'. SIGH!!!!!

Melanie said...

Referral, please! We need ours done LAST YEAR, thank you. And with crawling coming relatively soon, I need to get on the ball! :)

Holly said...

Sometimes it's nice just to feel like you've done something that's changed the whole place!

Thanks for the Congrats Casey! I know we've been following each other for a while! It's amazing watching our families grow.

Monogram Queen said...

Nothing like clean, clean, clean!
I am cracking up at those who try to "fool" themselves that their off-white carpet is actually beige! Sounds like something I would totally do!