Monday, March 09, 2009

Seriously Awesome!

My co-chair and I are seriously awesome and yes, I am tooting my own horn. :)

I just received a call from Scholastic to congratulate us on a job well done with last weeks book fair. In her hands she was holding the financial documents I submitted this weekend via their website and she informed me that we posted the highest earnings on record for our school.

Highest on record.

I am thrilled. Beyond thrilled, really and oh so proud of Ingrid and myself. It was a huge amount of work and we really rocked it - and rocked it hard.

Last week, while crazy busy and beyond hectic, was so much fun. I'm actually feeling a little post-book fair blues today. I made a warehouse run this morning for books that we pre-sold because we ran out of them and then delivered them to the classrooms. When I went by the library area that we called home all of last week I was hit with a wave of sadness. The cases and boxes were stacked in the corner waiting for the Scholastic truck to pick them up today. I wanted to run over there, fling open the cases and open for business. I loved the excitement from the kids and the noise level, while deafening at times, was intoxicating. So much fun.

Kaylen, on the other hand, is happy to not be at school. She was such a trooper last week but on Friday the Vice Principal summed it up well; "Happy joined us on Monday and Grumpy is leaving us on Friday." Friday was beyond miserable with her but Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday went fine. Thursday was hit and miss with her attitude but Friday she was a sick and tired of being at school all day...and she made a point of letting everyone around her know it.

Dakota came by on Friday just as we finished packing up and cleaning. We loaded everything up and headed home where I was gifted with a really great watch from Eddie Bauer. It's pink and I totally love it. Most of all, I love the thought behind it. So sweet. And then, as if it hadn't been a big enough day, the kids and Dakota decided we should go out to dinner. My choice! I picked the Spaghetti Factory and off we went.

After dinner we decided to stop in at Target to pick up cold cream to wash the face painting off of Kelton's face. (The kids got their faces painted the night before at Dr. Seuss Night. Kaylen wanted hers off before bed that night but Kelton wore his to school the next day. His teacher had painted it and told him "I expect to see this still on in the morning!" He was all too happy to comply.)

Going to Target was *not* the biggest idea we've ever had. We ended up removing the kids from the store and Dakota took them to the car while I bought the cold cream. When I came through the doors into the parking lot, I could hear Kaylen SCREAMING. Lovely.

It took a bit but we finally got her into her car seat and off for home we went. I can't really blame her - it had been a very long week for her and the trip to Target pushed her completely off the ledge. *sigh* But still.......it was a nice time of feeling appreciated by my family.

Here are a few photos of the week to share:






11 comments:

Lynilu said...

The second picture, the one with Kaylen sticking her tongue out, says a lot about her feelings!! LOL!

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures! Good job on the record breaker! I knew you had it in ya! AND SO NICE re the watch and dinner, you truly deserve it! Jeri

Stella said...

Congrats on a job well done! You should be proud, even in a booming economy, and especially in this one!

Audra said...

wow!!! How awesome! Go you guys! I'm glad your hard work paid off, and I hope you got the recognition you deserved!

Froggymama said...

Congratulations! I'm not surprised.

Monogram Queen said...

You are definitely Top Cat In The Hat!

Daria Schaffnit said...

Wow, Casey! You rock! Love the pics, too. Do we get to see your fab new watch? Is Kaylen thrilled beyond words to be back into normal routines?

Stacey said...

Yay! So glad it all went well. And the most successful! Wow, great job!

Melanie said...

YAY!!! Something HUGE to be proud of. :) Awesome, awesome job Casey!!

Sheri said...

Nice Job!!! (finally blog catching up) Sorry I missed it.

Anonymous said...

You should be really proud Casey! I love that picture of you and Jeri too! SOOO cute!