Monday, March 16, 2009

Look Who Came to Dinner!


A few weeks ago I was reading Audra's blog and discovered that she and her partner were heading up this way from Southern California. In her blog posting she suggested meeting up with me on their way through and I, of course, jumped at the chance to finally meet this person I knew only through my computer screen.

I'm not sure how we stumbled across each other originally- that's the joy and fun of blogging; you get to "meet" people from all over the world!

They ended up driving from the land of Mickey Mouse and arrived in town early in the morning Friday. By late Friday afternoon, they were sitting in our living room. So much fun!!

I'm sure by the time pizza was on the table they were thanking their lucky stars they don't (yet) have children as our two were all about getting a cheap laugh and stealing as much attention as they could get. The kids even disappeared into Kelton's room for a bit where much quiet talk took place. The next we saw of them they had "switched lives" with Kaylen becoming Kelton and Kelton becoming Kaylen. Like I said - they also go for the cheap laughs and laughs they did indeed get. Silly kids.




You may note that they incorporated Disneyland into their theme of dressing up which was done in honor of our Disneyland loving guests. The kids really enjoyed sharing their memorabilia of their trips (a few years back) and talking about all the things they could remember.

Audra and Dylan were so sweet and brought gifts for the kids. Among them was a DVD Disney Bingo game so we ended our time together with a few games. It was so much fun and since they left, we have played many, many, many games. Needless to say, it was a huge hit! (Thank you, guys!!)

Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to our new friends who honestly didn't feel like "new" friends. It's amazing how connected you can be when the only contact you had ever had was via the computer. I'm usually uncomfortable around new people until I get to know them but as soon as they arrived I was instantly at ease. Dakota and Dylan are both in law school so much of dinner was taken up with "law talk". Audra and I eventually moved into the living room and left them to their "torts, con law, etc. talk.

It was sad to say goodbye but we are so glad they were able to stop and visit. And we all hope they will come back again another time.

Have a great time in Forks, guys! I can't wait to hear all about your "adventure" there! :) :) :)

4 comments:

Audra said...

It was such a blast! I thought for sure I would be awkward and shy like I usually am! I wasn't at all! And actually being around your kids makes me want to have one like.... now. We'll just stop by on the way back and borrow yours ;)

SJayneI said...

I always get so jealous when I hear about fellow bloggers meeting each other. I don't think there's a chance of anyone coming through Oklahoma though so it probably won't happen to me anytime soon.

I'm glad you guys had such a good time!!

Monogram Queen said...

I love blogger meetings! I can only hope I get to be so lucky and meet you all one day!
Your kids KILL ME!!! :) :) :)

Froggymama said...

Your kids are so lucky to have each other. My sister and I are best friends and I just can't imagine a life without my uterine partner in crime.