Thursday, March 19, 2009

Family Fun Night

And you will never guess where!

McDonald's. That's right. McDonald's.

When we were there last week I noticed a sign in the drive thru area announcing Wednesday Evening Family Fun Nights. Each week will have different activities starting at 5:30pm and it's totally free.

I don't know if all McDonald's are doing this but I know ours is. :)

Since it was an early release day for Kelton yesterday and we were all feeling a little restless by late afternoon, I decided that it would be fun to try it out. I am so glad we went.

The event started out with a craft project (paper plates and streamers made a fun "windsock" for their rooms) and then a science project (they made flubber). We ended up the time playing (many games of) BINGO.

Even though about mid-way through the BINGO game Kaylen started asking to go home (and by the second game I was playing all four of their BINGO cards) the kids still had a really good time. Thankfully we BINGO'd on the last game so we ended the evening with both kids getting a much sought after prize.

It was fun and both kids have already put in a request to "do it again next time!".







3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I doubt if our McD's doe this but Fazoli's does. Looks like a good time had by ALL!

BINGO! (I couldn't resist)

SJayneI said...

I wanna make flubber! I can NOT wait until the girls are old enought to enjoy the things you do with your children. We are so making that wind sock!!

Audra said...

hehe at the Santa shirt! You're going to be Bingo'd out in no time flat!