Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Buying on Facebook?

Has anyone else noticed that you can buy real stuff through Facebook? I have seen ads every now and again but have paid little attention but the new format highlighted the fact that I could buy a present to send to someone on my friends list who is celebrating a birthday. It got me thinking.....what else can you buy with just the click of the mouse while catching up with the latest news of friends who post on Facebook?

Can you buy vases and have them shipped to someone? Can you buy sinks and maybe even arrange to have them installed? What about jewelry? Can you get someone a gift card to Starbucks? Or maybe their local mall?

Maybe I'm not cool enough to know that you can buy real stuff through the Facebook site. I just assumed it was virtual stuff only but from the looks of the ads - it's real stuff.

Is Facebook the new "One Stop Shopping" place?

Has anyone clicked on those links for buying things? I'm just curious as to how it all works and I'm too hesitant to actually click on the links myself. :)

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

No I wasn't even aware of this. I've just ventured onto Etsy!

Audra said...

I had no idea!