Monday, March 23, 2009

Just Another Rainy Monday

I'm in a funk today and I have no real reason why. Nothing has happened. Nothing is looming ahead. I'm just....out of sorts. I didn't sleep all that well. For some unknown reason I was awake within an hour of falling asleep. And then an hour later. And then Kaylen was awake and calling me and then she was needing something every two hours for the rest of the night. She woke up later than usual and she was unusually quiet this morning. I thought "Uh oh. She's going to come down with something." but then by 10:30 she was her happy little self and wanted to go to gymnastics. She's been fine ever since.

Kaylen's gymnastics class, which I usually enjoy, bored the crud out of me today and it seemed to last forever.

When we arrived home, the guys who I hired to thatch and aerate the front lawn (I have hopes of a moss-free, decent looking front yard this year. Dream on, right?) had finished the job. Since I didn't want to pay $50 for them to rake up at the thatched mess I got to work on that. Kaylen was my trusty helper and we were done in about an hour. Good heavens that was a lot of work and not really what my back needed (it's been a tough couple weeks pain wise with my back/nerves and I finally went to the doc last week and was given meds to help get me through the flair up) but since I already paid $48 for the work they did I just couldn't see paying $50 more to have them rake. Well - I couldn't *at the time*. I could totally see the reason after I finished the job. :) But finish it Kaylen and I did. Then we tossed down some grass seed just in time for the rain to start falling.

With only two hours before Kelton was due home I got to work on folding laundry and various other chores that needed to be done. I can't begin to tell you how much I wish I could have instead curled up in a comfy Berkline chair and hang out and watch movies. Rainy days just beckon to that type of behavior, don't they?

But nope - not today. *sigh*

One good thing happened today though - I received a settlement check for a whopping $48.99 for the Airborne Class Action Suit. I had totally forgotten that I filed a claim on that a couple years ago. Sure - it's not a ton of money but it's something. Why the class action suit? Basically because the company made false claims on what the product could do. They sent info to me a couple years ago and I signed it, attached my receipts and sent it back. And then forgot all about it.

I guess that's all I have right now. I can hear the munchkins going nutty in the other room so it's time to go settle them down and then hustle them off to bed soon. Hopefully there will be more sleep to be had tonight. Here's hoping!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, your day was so much harder than mine ;)

I went to Ikea and then to the library. Oh, and I folded a couple loads of laundry. I sound positively lazy compared to you :)

Airborne? As in the stuff you take at the beginnings of a cold? I love that stuff. It works for me. Tell me more??!!

Monogram Queen said...

I hate hate hate raking. Something I had to do as a kid and I will never do again (I hope!)
Take care of that back chick!

Dakota said...

Thanks for doing the raking, honey. Also, it was so nice of Airborne to pay for our thatching. How thoughtful.

*SMOOCH*

Tanya said...

lol, I think I got the exact same amount back from "the settlement". Oh and a gardner costs less then a housekeeper :) We have neither right now.