Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yippie!

My Facebook account is back in working order. I'd like to think it was the email I sent to the tech question email address but most likely that had nothing to do with it. Whatever the cause - I'm just glad it's back. I missed it today....which I realize is sad and a bit pathetic but hey - that's life. :)

In other news today; we had snow! After a very sleepless night (Don't ask.....I don't know. Some nights are like that for me.) I got up at 7AM to no snow on the ground. By 8AM there was enough for the kids to get dressed in their snow clothes and head out for 45 minutes of snow play before it was time for Kelton to get into school clothes and get to the bus stop. They had a blast! All told we had about 2 inches. The temps warmed up in the afternoon and now there is but a wee trace out there but we loved having it. I love the snow. So, so much. And we've had several snow falls this year which I think surpass any other year in the six years we've been here. Gotta love that!

Tomorrow Kelton will have his weekly weigh in. If he is holding steady I am going to see if we can move to every other week. It's stressful for all of us to get to the clinic and then to school on time and if he is doing ok, I can just pop him on the scale here in the weeks between. I'm feeling "zen" about it all right now - which is a nice feeling.

The good news for him is that tonight he says his body "just feels better now". So maybe it was that he was so constipated and uncomfortable that it took all the energy he had to function. I do know that in the past few weeks he has gone from a little boy who would come home, drag himself into my bedroom to watch TV and hardly ever asked for food (and did a poor job eating when food was given to him) to a spunky energy-filled boy who is asking for food every time I turn around. He is happy and engaged and his presence feels different to me than in recent months. I thought he was having trouble adjusting to full school days but maybe that wasn't it at all. I don't know...all I know is he seems like the kid he used to be and that makes this mommy VERY happy.

I can't thank you all enough for all your prayers and good thoughts. I know they all counted and more than that - I know they make me feel better knowing that people care about us...even though most of you have never met us in real life. What a gift. Thank you!

I'm tired and ramble-y tonight so I guess I will wrap this up and go do something while I wait for Dakota to arrive home. Hopefully sleep will be easy to catch tonight because tomorrow is a busy day. But then - what else is new? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so so glad K's feeling better! That is such a relief as a parent. And yay on your facebook, that was odd, i went to go see if I could see you and you weren't there at all earlier today.... odd...
just glad it's fixed!

Tribe Mama said...

I am so happy to hear that things are calmer. Enjoy it!

Shannon said...

So glad to hear Kelton is feeling better. And glad your FB is working again. I didn't have any problems with mine yesterday but there have been several times where I haven't been able to sign in.

Unknown said...

Here's to feeling ZEN!

Kristen said...

glad he is doing better. Will he take laxatives for a long time? I'm assuming that's what he's on. Audrey takes Miralax occassionally, usually if she's had too much milk, which she has recently. Its pretty simple to add it to the milk- balance out the poop prob.

Monogram Queen said...

I got on Facebook briefly yesterday and glad to hear Kelton is better!