Friday, January 23, 2009

Kelton's Update

I realize I neglected to do an update after Kelton's weigh in on Wednesday. As you may remember, his weight increased by 1.5lbs for last weeks weigh in. It is a weight I knew was not 100% true since well...gaining that much weight in one week would be just as "not good" as losing that much in one week. I also knew that later that day his prescribed laxative began to work - and work well. :)

So...this last weigh in showed him back to his December 31st weight.

To break this down:
Dec 31 58lbs
week 1 57.5lbs
week 2 59lbs
week 3 58lbs

Now those of you with kids about this age are probably saying "Wow - my kid only weighs 42lbs!" and that may be. But my kid weighed 42lbs when he was 3.5 years old. He's tall too. :) In fact, Kaylen weighs 40lbs right now and she isn't quite 4. :)

It isn't the number that we are looking at - it's the number of pounds lost in a short amount of time. So yes, while he is a healthy sounding weight (thank God! I don't want him weighing 42lbs....or 52lbs) his weight loss is a concern.

The 3 day stool test that was run on him turned up nothing (again, Thank God!) and we are waiting on a call to schedule to the CF test. Other than that, we are in a holding pattern and just waiting to see what his weight does. If it holds steady - we're golden and can chalk it up to energy output being greater than fuel intake. And that is what we are all praying and hoping for.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm hoping he holds steady for you. Athena is under 40 lbs still! But that is normal for her, and her weight goes with her height. Kelton has always looked well proportioned so I am pulling for him to maintain! Come on, Kelton! 58 lbs!

Stacey said...

praying it is the energy output too. it's hard to not know what's going on. {{{hugs}}}

Monogram Queen said...

Praying and hoping right along with you chick!

Froggymama said...

I bet this is going to be nothin'.

But I know how tough the waiting is no matter what.