Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gain - and I'm not talking laundry detergent!

He gained! He gained!

Ok seriously, I have not been over the top excited about my children gaining weight since they were newborns but today - I actually had tears of happiness fill my eyes when I watched the numbers on the doctor office scale register as Kelton stepped on it.

He's up 1.5lbs from last Wednesday morning. So given that he lost .5lb last week it's a net gain of 1 lb since December 31st.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!

You have no idea how relieved I am nor how many hours I have spent in the past couple of weeks thinking about food, preparing food and standing over Kelton to make sure the food was eaten. And yes, that included lunch time at school. Food and poop. It's become a central focus of life around here. Again, things we have not focused on since they were infants.

I am just so, so, so happy and Kelton he was just as happy. He was high-fiving me like crazy and jumping up and down. What a great way to start off the day.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and thinking of Kelton. Don't stop now though - we still need to make sure this all evens out.

This rocks. Totally rocks!! He gained. Thank God.

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Woo hoo! That's the best news I've heard all day. :)

Tanya said...

Let's hope this is the start of some good news all around.

Caroline said...

That is wonderful!!!! I am so happy that he gained weight this week.

Ree said...

Great news and continued prayers!!

amy4 said...

That is great news! :)

Unknown said...

Back to basics - food and poop. Congratulations to Kelton for eating well and growing stronger! Way to go on-the-ball MOM!

Kristen said...

that's great!

A Jersey Girl said...

Oh Casey, that is so awesome!!! Way to go Kelton!!!

How's your dad doing?

Emily

Jen said...

YAY!!!

One Boys Mom said...

Awesome!!! I'm also thinking that's a good sign, since he CAN gain. Hooray!!! Now will you please come monitor Declan's eating habits at lunch? Lunch box keeps coming back full- ugh.

Froggymama said...

WONDERFUL!!!!

Let the good news keep on coming!

Anonymous said...

This really makes me so happy. As a mother I understand the pain of watching your child dealing with something they really shouldn't be. It's just awful. I am hoping and praying for this to be yesterdays news and for him to be 100% healthy. Which I know he is!

Heidi

SJayneI said...

Congratulations! I've been praying for you guys.

Monogram Queen said...

So very happy to hear this! Continue with the good news! I don't mind hearing it! Really!