Monday, January 26, 2009

Ready for Change

I'm not a patient person. I know this probably comes as a surprise to no one but seriously...not digging the whole "Have patience" stuff. I do not have patience and I imagine that is to my great detriment. I've tried to develop it and I can pretend really, really well but to be honest, it is just nothing I have seemed to master.

To that end - all the economy news is tough for me. I want things to change and I want it NOW. No, actually, I want it last week. I heard today that Home Depot is doing a huge lay off. I also heard Microsoft is doing the same and so is some other big place (whose name escapes me right now and I'm too tired to Google it. Sorry.) It's scary out there and so many of us are just a month or two or three away from being in really big trouble if trouble were to come knocking.

So...again I say, I'm ready for change. I keep waiting for there to be an influx of jobs. For the housing market to turn around. For the dollar to get stronger. For the stock market to go back to being something I don't pay a ton of attention to. I want to know that investment banker jobs are plenty because that would mean we are all doing ok again.

I want to stop worrying and start looking ahead with happy anticipation instead of concern. They say it's coming. I just want it here....and now. I promise you, I'd sleep a lot better at night and I know so many of you would too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO ready for change too, and I am not the most patient person either... enough already! I want to wake up tomorrow and the world be back to where I want it to be. Jeri

Monogram Queen said...

I"m ready for a change too - at my job. Hate it. Know I should be thankful to have one but... ah well. C'est La Vie!
Patience grasshopper hehe...