Monday, July 14, 2008

Secret Revealed

Yeah I know - this isn't as grand as perhaps the best diet pill in the world but in the list of my top ten, it's ranking pretty high right now.

I figured out a way to make sure Kelton is wearing all his t-shirts.

No..not really rocket science but still, I'm feeling pretty smug about it.

I do laundry often. As in almost every day, if not every day. The kids clothes are washed, folded and put away within 24 hours of being worn. Being the lazy mom that I can be, I would just toss the clean clothes on the top of the shirt stacks and close the drawer. And then, within another 24 hours I would once again see the shirt that I had previously washed and put away. I was tired of seeing the same four shirts (always pulled from the top of the piles) so I decided to take the time to re-order the shirts in the stacks every time I put away laundry. And then, to shake it up even more, I re-order the stacks.

Presto! I am seeing all his t-shirts on him. :) It's so much fun and the best part is, he doesn't even realize I have a plan in action. He just grabs off the stack closest to him and throws it on. So really, the real beauty of my evil plan is this: He *thinks* he is making his own choices but really? I'm deciding what he will wear.

*insert evil laughter here*

Now if this would only work with the girl. It won't, of course. She pulls out every.single.shirt. (and pants and dress and socks and underwear...) she owns before deciding on her outfit the day...or the hour, which is really how it goes.

That girl changes her clothes more times than anyone I've ever known. Except, apparently, me. When I was little I changed my clothes a million times a day too. I remember comments from my mom about this and even today, my older sister reminds me of it...and of where Kaylen gets this particular trait from.

But hey - I think she also got her scary smarts from me so it all evens up. :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I can sort of do that with Audrey, by putting the clothes I do like on the top in the front. But sometimes, she'll dig through and then discover all her missing "favorite" shirts and wear them all in a row. Oh well.

Monogram Queen said...

Honey right now Madison has clothes strewed all over her room despite being told NOT to go in her drawers or her armoire. I am gritting my teeth and holding out to make her pick them up.

That is too funny about Kelton, it's a "guy" thing for sure. Works on my hubs too!! LOL